Thursday, November 20, 2008

Help or a Hinderance

Last December, I had my wallet stolen at a club*.

Today, I got a package from An Post containing the same self wallet**.

Is this their idea of a joke?***

*It was in Bukkake: a club where, sadly, I know or am acquainted with the majority of people around me. Or at least vice versa. In other words, someone who knows me stole my wallet.

**The wallet arrived sans cash. Clearly the perpetrator cleaned out my wallet and put it in the post box. How helpful! At least that way, I get my sentimental photos and ID cards back.

***Assuming they posted the wallet into a post box immediately, the idea it took An Post almost a year to open the wallet, check with my bank/college/DVD rental store for my address and mail it onwards is not just frightening. It's incompetent.

No comments: